Saturday, December 30, 2006

The bride in the bright red dress

Slowly but surely
The bride in the bright red dress
Between the two big lanterns
Opened her eyes
And looked
The rain had stopped
Even though you can hear
Lagging drops fall from the leaves
The sky was clear
It was not a scorching hot summer’s noon any more
The evening moon has just crept in
Like a tiny smile on her face
She looked again
The stars
The breeze
The flowers
the clouds kissing the sunsets
The ripples on the breast of the lake
All seemed so familiar
But as if white washed
Given a new color
A new flavor
To make her a young bride again
New hope
New breath
New way to greet the world
With no tears but hope.

She wonders
Why am I doing this?
For whom am I doing this?
Where does it lead?
Why for this intimate stranger
Should I smile?
Dress up
Take care of myself
Why should I
Change my life’s course
Because never he will be mine
I was better off in my cocoon.

Then she looked
The stranger was not an entity any more
But her own breath
In her each gait he touched her
In her each smile he kissed her
In her each word he whisperered to her
I am yours.
He was there
Always
A part of her
An integral part of her
An eternal spirit
Of the bride
Between two red lanterns.

No comments: