Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sisyphus's Dream

Every one chided me
Don’t sit there
Do something
And I did
Read all the books I found in the village
Played soccer and volley ball
Ran on the tracks
And wrote poems and dramas
Even acted a little as a child.

As a student
I was busy
As a worker
I am really busy
Exhausted when I come home
To eat and do more work
And then sleep
With the thought
Tomorrow I have so much to do.

In my dream
I am working too
Stumbling on my ways
Due to mishaps and limitations
Working and working whole night
To wake up exhausted
And start my day again

I am on a treadmill
Twenty four, seven


Then I read
“Don’t just do it
Sit there”
That was strange to me
But some thing different
So I did
I sat there closing my eyes
Watching my breath
Calming my nerves

But my mind was the autopilot
On a whirl wind trip
Ruminating my past
Inspecting my fears and desires
Entangled in the web of confusion
I was lost in my self
I never knew
‘Just not to do something
And sit there ‘
Could be so hard to do.

No comments: