Monday, February 12, 2007

Spring cleaning



In my childhood
I learnt to do daily chores
In the morning
To brush, to go to toilet
And take a bath to clean my body
Every week I clean my clothes I use
And so often I clean my bed sheets

We dust and vacuum our house once a week
And go through my mails every day
To clean up the unwanted snail mails
Messages in Outlook and in mobile phone
On a regular basis
I get rid of old files from laptop too
and update the software bundles

So quickly,
My desk becomes a mess
So I clean it regularly and file documents
And once in spring
We have a garage sale
To get rid of what we don’t want
But we did or thought we did
Once upon a time.

I always forget
To clean something else
My mind
That has accumulated
Stuff for generations
From my childhood believes
To traumas, nightmares
To what my parents said to be true
To what my society taught me to be right
To what my old books said to be state of the art.

With time every thing has changed
But I never bothered to look at my mind
To wake it up from siesta
To question
The validity of my believes and thoughts
To update them
Or to delete the obsoletes.

My mind
Remains a storehouse of fossils
An old banyan tree trunk
Of all I wanted to survive in the past
But may be hurting me now
Still
I do not dare to remove them
And confront my own inadequacy.





No comments: