Monday, January 22, 2007

Invocation of Zeus

More than thousand years ago
You were banished
From the heart of the people
No one could worship you,
No more invocation of the gods
The rulers of the harvest, wind,
sea, love and romance

Instead
People became the worshipper
Of the son of God
No idols but icons
No deity
No divinity
No mystic connection
To the power of the nature
That gives us life
That sustains us

Nature became an object
To study and use its power
But with no reverence
The magic of mythology is swept
Under the carpet of technology
And innovations overwhelms us
But no more invocations.

In the midst of all my stock options
In the midst of all my databases
Emptiness pinches me like a stomach ache
I want to connect some thing, some one
Beyond the walls of my limitations.

No comments: