Thursday, January 18, 2007

Moments are for ever

When I visit India
It appears
As if I never left home
The dirt, the noise and the nosy people
Become familiar only after a short while.

My USA life becomes a dream
As if I was never there at all
Even I can not properly sketch the road I take to work
And once I back
India becomes a dream again
As if I had a long sleep and just woke up
On my own bed
Only the photographs remind me of the reality.

Spring comes
with flowers
On every nook and corner of the trees
Summer comes
And erases all the pains of the winter
Fully dressed green trees
The fun fairs and festivals
Appear as if they are there for ever
But not really

Then the winter creeps in
Welcome by naked plants
Shivering mornings and
Show case snow flakes on the window shield
And inside my heavy duty jacket
I feel as if the winter is for ever
And will never go away.

My mind
A mesh of wishes, wistful thinking
The meadow of past pains with the stream of delicious dreams
That come true like soap bubbles
I am a pawn of my mind
Appearing as it wants me to appear
Glossing over the past and
Thinking as if the present is here for ever.

No comments: