Monday, January 29, 2007

My long lost lover

Once upon a time
Before the logic over ruled my emotions
Before the knowledge stripped of my feelings
There you were,
Far but very near
Omnipotent but tender like a new born baby
Invisible but omnipresent
You were in my home
Looking at me
Smiling at me.

You were my mother,
My child
My beautiful lover
I wrapped you in best clothes
Put gold jewelries on your neck
Woke you up in the morning
Gave you bath and breakfast
Lunch and dinner
And put you to sleep
And wake you up by singing
I never ate any thing
Before feeding you first.

In my own language
I yelled at you
Cajoled you
Fought with you
Did not talk to you like an upset lover

Then as I became wiser
Sophisticated, intellectual
Analytical and advanced.
You left the earth to reside in heaven
And me in this distant world
Scared of the hell
I prayed and asked for your blessings
For my salvation
No more a lover,
Or a son, or a daughter
But some one down trodden
Doing penance for my sins
I am not aware of.

No comments: